All Gigalime’s courses are being designed to help teachers, headteachers and other stakeholders adapt to the post pandemic world
Schools have had to change how they function overnight. A whole new approach to teaching has had to be put into place with very little support. Our course are courses are being developed to address that gap.
All our course will be available in Portuguese and English and will be a mix of Synchronous and asynchronous learning. Once a course has been delivered in will then be available online.
We currently have six topics in the pipeline.
Basics to Blended Learning
- How to use student output to personalise learning
Planning for understanding
- How to achieve deep learning
Education after covid-19
- How to use the change as a compass
AI in Education
- Intro to AI
- AI in education today
- How to use AI of social media
- Avoid shallow learning and subjugating natural intelligence
- Data mining applied to education
- Local and regional applications
Design thinking in education
Each topic has courses at 3 levels – beginner, intermediate, advanced
Each course has 4 weekly parts as below. This gives 16 hours to complete the course. Online would normally be on Saturdays.
|Week||Stage||English||Portuguese||Synchronous (S) or|
|1||Diagnostic questions as forum with comments on other answers||Y||Y||A||1|
|2||Feedback and self study list||Y||Y||A|
|4||Online workshop with presentation / consensus on diagnostics / Q&A||Y||Y||S||2|
For the AI course we are proposing
- Course 1 – Introduction to AI in Education
- Epistemology of AI
- Learning how to learn – natural intelligence
- Basics of AI
- AI applied in education today
- Course 2 – Risks of AI in Education
- AI and Social Media Dilemma
- How does AI affect student mind sets?
- Strategies to address student attention issues
- Good practices in education technology
- Course 3 – Develop an AI experiment with your students
- Brainstorm the idea
- Design the actions
- Review results and conclusions / next steps